This Mexican dip was taught to me by my American Sister-in-Law. It is pleasing to the eye and also delicious!
7 Layer DipPrint Recipe
- 14oz tin of refried beans (if you can source any without lard!) or use tinned whole kidney beans, blend with lemon juice and taco seasoning
- 12oz sour cream, pour into a bowl, add 2 tbs water/milk and mix well
- 1 peeled fresh avocado sliced (optional)
- 1 medium crisp lettuce finely sliced
- 4oz red/white/spring onions finely sliced
- 8oz fresh tomatoes finely sliced
- 1 cup black olives sliced
- 2 tbs freshly cut coriander
- 1 cup mild cheese grated
Take a flat round/square 12 inch plate.
Place the kidney bean mixture in the middle of the plate, ensuring there is some space all around the plate.
Pour the sour cream mixture on top of the beans making a half inch thick layer.
Place sliced avocado over the sour cream (optional), then the lettuce on top of the avocado.
Now place a layer of the onions over the lettuce.
Followed by a layer of the tomatoes, then the black olives.
Chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours and serve with Doritos/dippers/crisps.