My sister-in-law makes this delicious and healthy salad for us when we visit her in Benicia, California.
Meat SaladPrint Recipe
- 3 tbs soya sauce
- 2 tbs cornflour
- 1lb good quality beef steak /lamb/chicken, cut into long thin slices
- 4tbs Olive oil
- 1 tbs freshly crushed ginger
- 1 tbs freshly crushed garlic
- half bunch sweet basil leaves
- 1 tbs good quality chillie sauce (omit for mild)
- 2 tbs readymade Thai green curry
- 1lb fresh baby spinach leaves
- 2oz sliced red onion
- 1 cup mushrooms cut into quarters
- half cup pecans or walnuts or cashews
Mix the cornflour and soya sauce, apply to the meat and marinate in refrigerator for 4 hours or overnight.
Put the Olive oil into a deep wok, add the garlic and ginger, stir-fry for on a high flame, add the basil leaves, chillie sauce if using and green curry paste.
Stir-fry on a high flame for 2 mins, add the meat and stir-fry for a further 3 – 4 mins or until meat is cooked through.
Let cooked mixture stand for 5 minutes.
Spread the spinach on a large serving platter, sprinkle the red onion slices and mushrooms then place the cooked meat on top of the spinach.
Garnish with warmed nuts and serve warm.