This recipe is from a special cousin in Manchester, England, she cooks well and loves to try out new recipes.
Chicken Pasta SaladPrint Recipe
- 2 cups dry pasta shells (any), cook pasta as per instructions on the packet, cool in the refrigerator
- 1 green/yellow pepper, cut into 1inch cubes
- 1 cup finely sliced cabbage
- 1 cup seedless grapes cut into two
- 1 cup fresh/tinned pineapple cubes
- 1 cup cooked boneless chicken cut into 1inch cubes (optional)
- for dressing
- 6 tbs low fat plain yoghurt
- 6 tbs salad cream
- 1 tsp salt (or to taste)
- half tsp ground black pepper
Add all ingredients (except dressing) in a large salad bowl.
Mix dressing ingredients in a separate bowl.
Add the dressing to the other ingredients, mix will with a wooden spoon and transfer into a serving bowl. Chill in refrigerator for 3 hours.
Can be served on its own as it is quite filling or as an accompaniment with roasts and bbqs.