This is a juicy zeera chicken that can be served as a main dish! Cook on low heat until all liquids dry and then serve as a starter if preferred.
Chicken Zeera with gravyPrint Recipe
- 1 medium sized finely chopped onion
- half cup oil
- 1 chicken with bones cut into 12 pieces
- 2 tbs whole cumin
- 1 tbs ginger
- 1 tbs garlic
- 4 ground green chillies
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp red chillies
- 5 - 6 tomatoes blended or 3 tbs tomato puree
- half cup cumin roasted on a non-stick frying pan, then coarsely ground
- 3 tbs fresh green coriander chopped
Heat the oil in a deep pan, add the onions add whole cumin, ginger, garlic, green chillies, salt and red chillies.
Add tomatoes and stir well, cook until oil separates (bhun).
Add chicken, simmer until cooked and almost dry, add the ground cumin and fresh coriander.
Serve with naan, chapattis or bread (not really suitable to serve with rice)