The Chef on our Nile Cruise made this wonderful salad for us and was very forthcoming with his recipe. He even took us to his house to try out stuffed pigeon and salad and his brother actually demonstrated how to eat a whole pigeon in one go without breaking it!
Egyptian Mixed SaladPrint Recipe
- 4 oz thinly sliced red onions
- 4 oz thinly sliced red pepper
- 1 cup cooked sweetcorn
- 1 cup cooked kidney beans
- 4 oz diced cucumber
- 1 cup thinly sliced crisp lettuce
- 4 oz sliced fresh tomatoes
- for dressing
- 4 tbs plain yoghurt
- 2 tbs sliced parsley and coriander
- 1 tbs whole cumin seeds
- 1 tbs mustard
- salt to taste
Add all salad ingredients into a serving bowl.
Add the dressing ingredients into a separate bowl and mix well.
Mix both, cool in refrigerator for 2 hours before serving.