My aunty has always been ahead of trends, she now makes this wonderful salad which has vegetables, fruit and a sweet and sour dressing. It is not only a healthy combination but has a vibrancy of flavours and colours all brought together by her innovation!
Fusion SaladPrint Recipe
- The beauty of this salad is that there is no set list of ingredients, you can use any vegetables and fruits that are in season. As a suggestion try making the salad with the following.
- 1 cup full of each of the following
- radish (white or red) cut into long thin slices
- red onion cut into thin rings
- carrots sliced into circles
- oranges, peeled and cut into slices
- boiled chick peas
- fresh shelled uncooked peas
- guava cut into thin circles
- cucumber cut into thin round circles
- pepper cut into half inch cubes
- cauliflower cut into florets and thinly sliced
- melon cut into small cubes
- pineapple cut into small pieces
- for dressing
- 4 tbs tamarind sauce or shop bought
- 2 tbs fresh lime/lemon juice
- 2 tbs cold water
In a large square or oblong tray arrange all of the fruits and vegetables. Try and make an aesthetically pleasing arrangement.
Mix dressing ingredients together and pour generously over fruit and vegetable mix just before serving.
Best results are achieved by making this salad fresh and as required as some of the ingredients will loose flavour and colour if stored.