This is a lovely innovative idea and can be served as a snack or a starter.
Kebab rolls - friedPrint Recipe
- 1 lb lamb/beef/chicken mince
- 1 tbs ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 8oz finely grated onions (squeeze out liquid into sink and discard)
- 1 tbs fresh crushed ginger
- 6 tbs freshly chopped green coriander
- 6 finely crushed green chillies or 1 tbs red chillie powder (omit for mild)
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- Spring roll pastry
- Oil for deep frying
- Swith on grill on high for 10mins.
Place all ingredients in a deep bowl, mix well with hands. Wet palm of hands and take 2in of mince mixture, make into a long kebab/sausage shape.
Place all kebabs closely together on grill tray, cook under hot grill until one side is brown, turn over, cook other side. Cool.
Remove a sheet of pastry keeping the rest of pastry wrapped in foil. Place kebab in the middle, fold over to make a long thin parcel (as per diagram on packet), use up pastry and kebabs and lay without overlapping in a tray. (can be frozen at this stage)
Heat oil to medium heat in a wok, add 3 – 4 rolls to oil, fry until brown, drain on kitchen paper.