This is one of the recipes I picked from the ‘theatre’ cooking counter at my place of work. It is healthy and filling.
Mediterranean Chicken SaladPrint Recipe
- 1lb boneless chicken (approx 2 large pieces)
- marinate with half tsp salt, touch of turmeric, 1 tbs whole cumin, 1 lemon juice, a touch of saffron, 1 tbs olive oil, cook or bake until cooked through
- 2lb mixture of lettuce leaves include baby spinach and Rocket
- 1 cup cucumber diced into 2inch cubes
- 1 cup tomatoes diced into 2inch cubes
- half cup of green/black lives
- 8 oz hummus thinned down with milk or water to make a pourable sauce
- 8 oz aubergine dip – cut one medium sized aubergine into two, place under a hot grill until brown, scoop out flesh, add 2 tbs tahina, 2 tbs lemon juice, half tsp fresh garlic, half tsp salt, half tsp black pepper, place in a blender, add milk or water to make a pourable sauce
- 8 oz salsa - optional
Place a generous helping of lettuce in an individual serving plate; add cucumber, tomatoes and olives.
Place a piece of chicken on top of the lettuce.
Pour generous helping of hummus, aubergine dip and salsa (optional) over the chicken.
Serve warm with or without a speciality bread e.g pitta, naan, French or focacia.