Par-boiled cauliflower florets coated with mince. An innovative recipe shared by a friend’s lovely mum who was a very experienced cook.
Cauliflower kebabsPrint Recipe
- 1 lb lamb/beef/chicken mince
- 1 tbs ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 8oz finely grated onions (squeeze out liquid into sink and discard)
- 1 tbs fresh crushed ginger
- 6 tbs freshly chopped green coriander
- 6 finely crushed green chillies or 1 tbs red chillie powder (omit for mild)
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 lb cauliflower florets
- oil to shallow fry
Put all the ingredients except cauliflower and oil in a deep bowl, mix well using hands and keep aside.
Bring water to boil in a saucepan, add 1 tsp salt and cauliflower boil for 2mins drain and cool.
Take a handful of mince, flatten in the palm of hand to make a large burger, gently place one floret onto the middle of the burger, fold around and close gently and keep in a flat plate.
Prepare all burgers until all of the mince is used up.
Heat a layer of oil in a large frying pan, shallow fry in a non-stick frying pan until brown on both sides and remove into a serving plate.
Serve in Pitta/French bread or as a starter with plenty of salad and chutneys.