If I say this is the most favourite, very favourite, the favourite dish of my family you will get the correct idea about the popularity of this dish. Again I learnt this in a very innovative tutor’s kitchen in Lahore, we helped with chopping and preparing, she showed us the method then let us taste a teaspoon, I remember always wanting more but unable to ask for any. Although the red colour is optional, the recipe does look vivid and more appealing with the addition of colour, you will only be adding a very small quantity into this dish that will serve 4 people, come on! How much harm is that bit of colour going to do?
Chicken Manchurian (Pakistani style)Print Recipe
- 4 dstspoons cup vegetable/other oil
- 2 tsp fresh crushed garlic
- 2 tsp fresh crushed ginger
- 2 crushed fresh green chillies
- 1lb boneless chicken cut into strips
- 1 tsp red chillie flakes
- 1 dstspns soya sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 dsrtspns vinegar
- 1/2 cup tomato ketchup
- touch of red colour (optional)
- 1 cup chicken stock or water (if stock not available)
- 2 dsrtspns corn flour mixed with 1/2 cup of cold water
Add all other ingredients except corn flour paste, bring to the boil, cook on high heat for 3 – 4 mins until liquids reduce.
Add the corn flour mixture to thicken, mix and serve hot from the wok with egg fried rice.