This is a lovely refreshing chaat that binds unusual ingredients together with yoghurt and tamarind.
Papri ChaatPrint Recipe
- 12 – 14 ozs carton bio/Greek full fat yoghurt, remove into a bowl, add half a cup of water/milk and mix well with a fork, season with salt, pepper and coarsely ground red chillies
- 10oz tinned chick peas, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups potatoes boiled and diced into 1in cubes
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh spring/white/red onion
- make green chutney or use readymade bottled green chillie and coriander paste
- readymade Mexican tortillas cut into 4in long slices and deep fry until crisp
- make tamarind sauce or use readymade bottled Tamarind sauce
- make chaat masala or use readymade chaat masala
- 1 cup fresh green coriander sliced
Place the spiced yoghurt in a wide serving dish.
Add a generous porition of fried tortilla strips.
Sprinkle the chick peas, potatoes and onions onto the yoghurt.
Sprinkle the green chutney on top of the mixture, add more fried strips.
Now add generous helping of tamarind sauce.
Sprinkle chaat masala and fresh coriander.
Serve immediately as it should be served whilst still crispy - Thornton Heath, Selhurst, Croydon