A very simple and satisfying granola recipe, its so simple to prepare, I often wonder why we bother buying the stuff!
- 1.5 cups porridge oats
- 2 tbs demerara sugar or jaggery (gud)
- 2 tbs honey
- 4 tbs Rapeseed (or cooking) oil
- 2 tsp fresh lemon/lime juice
- 2 tbs sesame seeds
- half cup roughly chopped almonds
- half cup roughly chopped hazel or cashew nuts
- 4 tbs desiccated coconut
Switch on Oven to Gm 4/180 degrees
Add all the ingredients into a bowl, mix with a spoon.
Turn out mixture into a flat baking tray.
Bake for 15 minute, remove the tray from the oven, mix the ingredients once and return to the oven.
Bake for another 20 min, cool and store in an airtight container.
Best eaten with warm milk, or with yoghurt and berry fruits.