A Middle Eastern accompaniment, I saw my daughter learning this recipe from one of my favourite uncles who lives in Isleworth, London.
An excellent accompaniment with kebabs, chicken tikka, mince chappatis and as a sandwich spread with olives and Rocket salad leaves.
- 8 oz cooked chick peas rinsed and drained
- 2 tbs tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 1 tbs fresh/bottled lemon juice
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp fresh crushed garlic
- water (if required)
- 4 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp paprika
Place all ingredients and 2 tbs of the oil into a blender make into a paste. Add 2 tbs water if required. Should be a thick spreadable paste.
Remove and arrange on a flat service dish, drizzle with the remaining oil and decorate with paprika, refrigerate before serving.