My friend who owns a restaurant showed me how to make wings in this unusual way.
Sizzling chicken wingsPrint Recipe
- 2lb chicken wings (preferably with skin)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbs fresh crushed garlic
- 2 tbs vinegar
- 1 cup cornflour
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1 tsp ginger and garlic powder
- touch of red colour (optional)
- enough water for batter
- sauce (prepare in advance and keep in the refrigerator)
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 tbs vinegar
- 1 tbs fresh/bottled lemon juice
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbs coarsely ground red chillies or readymade chillie sauce
- 1 tbs honey
- 1 tbs soya sauce
Place chicken with salt, pepper, garlic and vinegar in a saucepan, add 1 cup water, bring to the boil and cook covered until wings are almost cooked.
Drain in a colander, discard liquids and cool.
Use cornflour, self raising flour, ginger, garlic and enough water to make a batter of medium consistency.
Place the oil in a pan and heat.
Dip cold wings into batter and deep fry in hot oil.
Lay out the wings in a frying pan, heat to medium, then pour the sauce over the wings to sizzle and serve immediately.