A recipe with many different tastes, I overhead two ladies exchanging this recipe at a gathering. I replicated it at home and my family of ‘tasters’ loved it!
Corn Bhel PuriPrint Recipe
- 4 tbs Oil
- 2 tbs sesame seeds
- 1 tbs mustard seeds
- 1lb sweetcorn kernels frozen or tinned
- 1½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp red chillie powder
- touch of turmeric
- 8 oz readymade chevda/Bombay mix or sev mamra
- 8oz finely chopped coloured peppers
- 8oz finely chopped boiled potatoes
- 1 tsp finely sliced green chillies (optional)
- 4oz finely chopped red/spring/white onions
- 1 cup green chutney
- 1cup tamarind chutney or readymade tamarind chutney
- 4 tbs finely chopped fresh green coriander
Place oil in a saucepan, heat, add sesame and mustard seeds. When the seeds begin to pop add sweetcorn, salt, red chillie powder and turmeric, keep covered on low heat until mixture is dry. Switch off.
Add peppers, potatoes and green chillies mix then add onions.
Place all of the mixture in the centre of a large serving platter then pour the chevda/sev mamra on top.
Pour a generous layer of green and tamarind chutney and garnish with fresh coriander.
Serve cold as a snack or as a starter as part of a vegetarian meal.