This dish can be served as a starter or as a main with naans, French bread or mashed potatoes.
Chops with Tomato pureePrint Recipe
- 2lb lamb chops
- 1 cup low fat plain yoghurt
- 1 tbs fresh crushed ginger
- 1 tbs fresh crushed garlic
- 1 tbs fresh crushed green chillies
- 2 tsp salt
- Use the above ingredients to marinate chops. Keep in a refrigerator for 2 hours or overnight
- 2oz butter (or 4 tbs Olive oil)
- 2 tbs tomato puree
- 2 tbs coarsely ground cumin
- 2 tbs coarsely ground dry coriander
- 1 tbs ajwan
- 1lb potatoes, peeled and cut into thick chips
- 1 cup freshly sliced green coriander
Add 3 cups water to chops in a pan and boil on low heat for 35 minus or until cooked through, you may need to add more water and boil further until chops are properly cooked
Remove chops into a bowl and discard the fat and any remaining liquids.
In a large saucepan add the butter or oil, tomato puree, cumin, dry coriander, and ajwan, stir fry for one min until well mixed.
Add the cooked chops, sliced potatoes and a cup of water, mix with a wooden spoon and cook covered on low heat (dhum) for 20mins.
Or mix well and place in an oven proof dish, cover tightly with foil and bake on medium heat until potatoes are cooked (approx 30mins).
Serve with French bread, mashed potatoes, or chips.