This is one of my most recent ‘acquisitions’!
A very talented lady who is an amazing cook, served my lovely Pupho Maryam and ‘us’ as part of our recent lunch invite. The soup was so tasty and warming I can’t even remember what else was on her brimming table.
As always it’s no good being Sabiha of sabihaskitchen.com if you not going to ‘doctor’ newly learnt recipes right? So here is my version with a few bits that she didn’t include.
Coconut Pasta SoupPrint Recipe
- 1 small red/green pepper
- 1 small orange pepper
- 2 small tomatoes
- 300g Maggi coconut powder
- 4 pints of water
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- 1 cup soup pasta (its readily available in UK Supermarkets - or separately boil regular size pasta and cut into halves)
- 2 cups frozen or tinned sweetcorn kernels
- 1 cup finely sliced or cubed boneless chicken
- 4 tbs finely chopped fresh coriander
- 2 tbs fresh lime juice
- salt to taste
- 2 tsp red chillie flakes or 2 tsp sambal (omit for mild)
Add the Maggi coconut powder into a blender, add the water, stock cubes, peppers and tomatoes, blend together and add into a large pan.
Switch on the heat bring to a boil and keep on a rolling boil on very low heat for 25 mins.
Add the pasta, sweetcorn and chicken and boil for a further 10 mins.
Add the coriander and lime juice and switch off..
Flavour with salt to taste (the stock cubes have some salt so add sparingly!) sprinkle chillie flakes or add sambal.
Serve piping hot with crackers or as an accompaniment with a roast.
If the soup is not served immediately it will thicken a little, just add a little boiling water and boil again for a couple of minutes before serving.