My cousin in Wembley made this for us and 25 others as a main dish during Ramadan. It is very simple and does not require much marinating.
Oregano ChickenPrint Recipe
- 1 whole large roasting chicken
- half cup Olive oil (or Sunflower oil)
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 3 tsp salt
- 2 tbs dry oregano
- 1 tbs fresh crushed garlic
- 1 tbs crushed black pepper
- 5 medium sized potatoes cut into 4in chunks
- 4 large carrots cut into 4in chinks (or your other favourite vegetables)
- SWITCH ON OVEN TO MEDIUM HEAT GM5/6
Wash and pat dry the chicken and keep in a large deep bowl.
Mix all other ingredients in a separate small bowl, pour over the chicken and marinate for 10 mins.
Add all the chunky vegetables to the chicken and mix until fully coated with liquid mixture.
Place chicken and vegetables in a baking tray, cover tightly with foil and cook for 1 hour. Remove from oven, check if chicken juices run clear, if under cooked, return to the oven uncovered and cook for a further 30mins.
Serve immediately whilst piping hot!
Best served with garlic bread.