Another recipe from my Wembley cousin, she took one of our old recipes and made it into a new innovative roast.
Chicken Pickle RoastPrint Recipe
- 1 whole large roasting chicken or cut into 8 pieces
- 1 small stock cube
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground black pepper
- 4 tbs oil
- 4 tbs achaar masala mix (can be bought from any Indian spice shop) or make your own mix
- (2 tbs fennel, 2 tbs nigela, 2 tbs fenugreek - coarsely grind together)
- SWITCH ON OVEN TO MEDIUM HEAT GM5/6
Wash and drain chicken and place in a deep bowl.
Mix all other ingredients, apply to chicken and marinate for 4 hours or overnight.
Place chicken in roasting tray, cover tightly with foil and cook for 1 hour, check if chicken juices run clear, if not return to cook for a further 15mins or until cooked.
Remove foil, brown under a hot grill.
Serve with roast potatoes, cooked sweetcorn and French bread