This is a popular Mexican recipe put together by chefs at the GSK staff restaurant – theatre cooking at its best!
I usually make it without the chicken as a starter or side, if you add the chicken this can be served as one of the main meals.
Serve immediately as it can become soggy quite quickly.
Nacho stationPrint Recipe
- 8oz (large packet of nacho/tortilla chips) UK sizes
- 2 tbs oil (optional)
- 8oz boneless chicken (optional) – sprinkle with taco seasoning and bake in the oven or stove top, cut into 1inch cubes
- Guacamole – blend together 1 avocado, 6 tbs milk/water, 1 fresh green chillie, salt to taste, 2 tbs fresh green coriander, touch of garlic or buy ready avocado dip from supermarket
- 6oz sour cream, remove into a bowl, add 4 tbs milk and mix with a fork
- 8oz cheddar cheese finely grated
- Salsa - finely chop 4oz tomatoes and 2oz onions and place in a bowl. Add salt to taste, touch of garlic, fresh sliced green coriander, bottled chillie sauce or half tsp red chillie powder, half cup ketchup or 1 tbs tomato puree, and 1 tbs lemon juice or buy ready salsa from supermarket
- half a cup sliced jalapenos (fresh/bottled/tinned)
- 1 cup tinned red kidney beans
- 1 cup finely sliced white/red/spring onions
- 1 cup sliced fresh green peppers
- 1 cup tinned sweetcorn
- Taco seasoning powder
Switch on oven to medium heat.
Place nachos in a wide oven proof serving dish, bake on a medium hot oven for 10mins, switch off, remove dish and keep to the side.
Stir fry the chicken in a wok, add all vegetables and jalapenos as you go along, sprinkle some taco seasoning and salt to taste.
Remove mixture onto nachos, immediately sprinkle grated cheese on top for it to melt.