Grill or BBQ
This is an excellent recipe for kebabs, passed down to me by my mother.
Kebabs BBQ/GrillPrint Recipe
- 2lb lamb/beef/chicken mince
- (if cooking kebabs on skewers on bbq, best results are achieved with mince that has at least 25% fat, lean mince is fine for burgers that are to be cooked under a hot grill)
- Special masala - 2 tbs cumin, 2 tbs dry coriander, 1 tsp black peppercorns - dry roast in a frying pan for 1 min, moving around the pan or for 30secs in the microwave, cool and coarsely grind in an electric grinder or use readymade garam masala
- 1 tsp ajwan - bruise with fingers before adding (optional)
- 1 tbs ground cassia/cinnamon
- 1lb onions, grated and kept in a colander to drain the liquids
- 2 tbs fresh ginger crushed
- 2 cups fresh green coriander sliced
- 8 crushed fresh green chillies (reduce for mild)
- 1 tbs salt
Place the mince in a large bowl, squeeze liquid out of onions and add to the mince.
Add all other ingredients and mix well with hands, (use a fresh pair of rubber gloves if you have sensitive skin, as green chillies may sting!).
Keep mixture aside for 30mins, put on thick iron skewers and bbq.
Or add one raw egg to the mince mixture, mix well, make into burgers and place in the grill tray, cook under a hot grill until cooked on one side, turn and cook other side.
Or place a thin layer of oil in a non-stick pan, make into burgers and place in the oil, cook on one side, then turn over and cook other side until brown.