This was introduced to us by an aunty in Nairobi who was very innovative in the kitchen.
An excellent accompaniment for rice and roasts or serve as a dip with tacos, crisps, pitta or French bread.
Tomato SalsaPrint Recipe
- 4 oz firm red tomatoes cut into small pieces
- 4 oz finely chopped red/white onion
- 2 tbs freshly sliced green coriander
- half tsp salt
- 2 tbs fresh/bottled lemon juice
- 2 small finely sliced green chillies or Jalapenos
- 2 tbs tomato ketchup or 1 tbs tomato puree or 4 tbs tomato ketchup
- 1 tbs good quality chillie sauce e.g Tobasco, Encona
Place all ingredients in a serving bowl, mix well, add 2 tbs water to thin down if required, cover and refrigerate before serving.
For milder Salsa – omit green chillies and chillie sauce.