This is a special Pakistani Restaurant and Roadside dish cooked on an Iron griddle or frying pan to impart special flavours.
Garnish with green chillies, fresh green coriander and garam masala (check essentials) and serve with naan or chappati.
Lamb TawaPrint Recipe
- 1lb lean boneless lamb
- 1 tbs dry roasted cumin
- 1 tbs freshly crushed ginger
- 1 tsp freshly crushed garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp red chillie powder (reduce or omit for mild)
- 3 tbs low fat natural yoghurt
- 2 tbs ghee/butter or 5 tbs oil
- 4oz grated onions
- 8oz crushed fresh/tinned tomatoes
- 1 tsp freshly crushed green chillies (optional)
- 1 tsp garam masala
Cut the meat into long thin slices, add the cumin, ginger, garlic, salt, red chillies and yoghurt to the meat. Marinate for 2 – 4 hours or overnight.
Add ghee or oil to a large griddle, add the onions and fry until they change colour, add tomatoes and stir until well mixed. Add the meat and cooked covered on low heat for 30mins or until meat is tender. Keep stirring from time to time. Add 2 tbs of water at a time if mixture begins to stick.
Dry off all liquids and cook until oil separates (bhun).