This recipe was created by one of the chefs at my place of work in Brentford. It was quite easy to work out the recipe as the ingredients are all visible!
Lentil saladPrint Recipe
- 1 mug whole masoor
- 1 small red onion finely chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers sliced into thin rings (optional)
- 1 cup finely chopped tomatoes
- 3 tbs finely sliced green coriander
- for dressing
- salt to taste
- 1 tbs fresh/bottled lemon juice
- 2 tbs olive oil
- half tsp fresh crushed garlic
- half tsp ground black pepper
Soak masoor in cold water overnight or in hot water for 2 hours, drain.
Put in a saucepan with enough water to cover masoor generously, add salt to taste. Bring to the boil and simmer on low heat until masoor grains are al dente (10 – 15mins), drain in colander and cool in refrigerator for 3 hours or add lots of ice cubes.
Place in a serving bowl, add onion, sliced jalapeno, tomato and coriander.
Mix the dressing ingredients, add into serving bowl, mix well with a wooden spoon.
Chill in the refrigerator before serving.